3D model of a book
I am currently learning how to create 3D models in Blender. My first creation is a simple book.
I started out with a simple cube and transformed it into the book in the pictures. At the moment, the book is just one object. I’m planning on splitting it into several objects and at some point make an animation of opening the book.
The cover of the book is textured with a simple image I made in Photoshop. The pages are textured with a photo I took of a real book:
I am not planning to use this model for anything, my only objective is to learn how to use Blender. I will continue to work on this book, and I have a list of things I want to accomplish:
- Smoothing of the back of the book
- Adding some text using a texture and UV mapping
- Splitting it into several objects
- Make the cover texture look more natural
- Create an animation of opening the book
I may post an updated version of the model at some point.
April 14, 2017